Saturday, January 7, 2012

What Would NEVER Happen in Brooklyn, New York

We came home last night to no water throughout the house.  Checked with each neighbor who all had water so  I called Emergency Water Services and spoke to Paul.  He took the info and assured me someone would be here within two hours.  On a Friday night!  Someone was here at 10:30PM and told us we had a busted main water pipe and were losing 6 gallons/minute.  He turned off our water and instructed us to get a plumber and let Water Services know it was repaired so we could be reimbursed.   I then called ABC Home Improvements where we're hooked up to their Emergency Services and this morning at 7 a.m. we received a call that the plumber would be here in 45 minutes.  He's out their digging now.  I repeat.  This would NEVER ever happen in N.Y.  Any emergency services required by our old loft building took days.  And sometimes (not too infrequently) we'd be without water for a day or night at a time.  I won't even mention the difference in $.  Austin, once again I am reminded of my love for you! On this one Abe's on board.

1 comment:

  1. This is true!

    It's still a pain, even when they come quickly, but it makes life easier.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete