Saturday, December 24, 2011

THE ARTIST / Aly Winningham Mosaics at the Armadillo Christmas Bazaar

I saw this silent beautiful B&W film today at the Alamo.  Yep, it's beautiful, the actors are terrific, the direction and photography beautiful...but alas, give me some sound!!!!  Abe opted out saying he didn't want to see a silent film.  I thought he wasn't willing to step out of his comfort zone.  I guess neither am I after seeing this film.  I love films, but what I love is the screenplay being interpreted by actors into emotional living people.  So...be forewarned.  It's a reach.

I then returned to the Armadillo Christmas Bazaar where I follow my favorite artists.  Jason Hooper a potter from UK or down under (who knows but what an accent), and Aly Winningham, a wonderful mosaic artist.  And today after coveting her work for 2 years I bought a mosaic mirror.  And when I got home and hung it with Abe it reminded me how fortunate I am to surround my life with crafted beauty.  Thank-you to the creative artists who have brought beauty and  happiness and a sense of well being to my life.  I am appreciative.

1 comment:

  1. You are an artist with your artistic taste!

    Ira and I saw this movie last night, and it truly was beautiful, clever and different.We both enjoyed it immensely; it is getting too much hype as best picture!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete