Thursday, December 29, 2011

Cookin' With SARAH JAROSZ

When I first got to Austin I'd listen to KUT while cooking and hear lots about  this 18y.o. girl, about to graduate H.S. and heading East to Boston to their prestigious Conservatory of Music.  On a Presidential Merit Scholarship no less.  I was impressed with her music, her bio and so I went to Waterloo, bought her first CD, SONG UP IN HER HEAD and I've been hooked.  She's a talented musician, great song writer, child of school teachers and from Wimberley, Texas.  Talk about an American treasure! She's been strumming her mandolin and other instruments with the best of the best since she's a small girl.  On her second CD FOLLOW ME DOWN (yup, Waterloo) she's matured and it just gets better.

Listen to "Come On Up To The House" on her first CD.  You'll be stomping your feet while you cook.  And that's what I did this late afternoon while I made Chicken, Broccoli, Sundried Tomatoes and Farfalle in wine sauce. Of course for Abe who's up at Spring Terrace sharing his good heart with folks.

It's 65 degrees in Austin.  Hallelujah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment