Monday, December 26, 2011

Fiscal Literacy and Biking

Today I learned a new term.  Has to do with educating  people who don't have access to banks, credit cards or the world of finance.  I remember my folks did not have  a checking account until I was in High School.  They relied on my grandpa to write their checks.  And he did not live with us!  So I was in my twenties before I had my own checking account.  Relied on bank money orders.  Can you imagine?  And now our son has helped people without bank accounts or credit cards to share in bike rentals and have access to banking and biking in Washington D.C.  Where there is a large population of  poor people.  A shout out  to you Josh Moskowitz.  You make us proud!

Bike-Sharing for the Unbanked - Commute - The Atlantic Cities

No comments:

Post a Comment