Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Soup Peddler/VAC

So my day started off with a warm email from the Soup Peddler.  He has a soup delivery business on S.1st and shares a business with the Juice Box on S. Lamar.  We first heard David Amsel speak months ago at UT.  I asked him about his t-shirt which said SOUP PEDDLER in Hebrew.  Wanted to get one for my kids.  I never followed up.   Yesterday I sent him an email telling him about my successful "Jew Food" meals here and asking if he considered that fare for his menu.  Not only did he answer the next morning he remembered me from his UT talk! What a mensch!

Then to the gym with Abe and following that we made it up to the Visual Arts Center on campus.  The VAC "is a vibrant collaboration and exhibition space" in the Art Bldg.  It's filled with contemporary art and installations from visiting artists, faculty and students.  My favorite was The Working Homeless: videos documenting conversations with panhandlers.  Once again that Contemporary Art class paid off.

At night was Auditions! class at the State School with Gabe False.

A good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment