Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Austin Film Society/What a Wonderful World

Thank-you to Chale Nafus for his 3 pages of notes and Abe's explanation on the way home of this very quirky yet appealing Moroccan film.  We were forewarned by Chale's intro to not ask him what the film means...he doesn't know.  Without these two interpreters I would have remained clueless but pleasantly entertained.  Abe nailed it for me when he said the film was  about a passionate love affair of the heart and imagination without being sexualized.   I guess those Contemporary Art classes are helping me to watch with an open mind and eye. 

The day was spent gardening in the glorious sunshine.  For those of you who know our 12th Street loft in Park Slope (half underground with 2 windows 20 feet above our heads we opened with chains) you can appreciate my love of gardening.  And windows.   Once again my day in Austin was a happy one!

No comments:

Post a Comment