Saturday, May 11, 2013

UT RTF Undergraduate Thesis Films

I sat and watched like a proud mama the students whose films I've been in the last three years.  And oh, how they've grown and developed.  Haley Anderson's 'Smoke Ring' is a film about a brother and sister feeling their mother's absence painfully.  Jamaal Happens celebrates the inclusion of gay men  and "coming out" in a unique, funny  and sensitive film.  Malina Panovich (my very first director ever) writes, directs and stars in a sensual film about choosing one's road in life.  Amanda Yam captivates us with a film about a mermaid yearning to return home.  Oh, I loved all of these films.  There were so many others presented today as well that made me so happy to hear these young filmmakers want to pursue their passions and continue making films.  In Austin!  Oh yes!  Tomorrow's filmmakers.

1 comment:

  1. So exciting, and you can say you knew them when!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete