Thursday, March 21, 2013

Learning With Laurel Vouvray

I am 64 years old. I have had hundreds of teachers by this time in my life.  I have a Masters in Social Work and remember just a few teachers from those days (1970-1972).  My elementary school teachers in The Bronx at P.S. 108 were mostly Irish Catholic women who gave me the basics that I thank to this day.  I remember all of their names.  But when I left class with Laurel Vouvray today I was touched to my core.  I felt enlightened and opened by this master teacher who lifts you up to be a better you.  I love what she says to others.  She corrects and teaches in a way that doesn't diminish you.  She makes you eager to move forward and learn more about yourself, others, and the human condition.  The only downside for me is that I began this journey so late in my life.  And this from a person with years of therapy in my younger days.  I am filled with gratitude today.

1 comment:

  1. I hope yous end this to her, since it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete