Thursday, August 2, 2012

West Nile Virus?

Four days of muscle aches, leg cramps, eye ache and finally a rash on my legs.  Had my first sick doctor's visit since childhood because googling WNV and wondering "does she or doesn't she?" isn't good health care.  So Dr. Khumbati hears my spiel, sees my rash and asks if I've travelled recently.  "Yeah, to NYC."  "Aha says she.  Much more likely that's where you picked it up if it is WNV."  Even though we've just had a major drainage and landscape job where we unleashed a bazillion mosquitoes?  She's unsure.  So I await results..walked home a mile from the doc and sometimes feel fine and other times crappy. It's definitely a virus, WNV?  We'll see.  Not much to do for either unless symptoms get severe.  Not a bad MD visit in the realm of things.  BTW, insurance doesn't cover the test.
P.S. It wasn't WNV and I feel fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment