Monday, August 6, 2012

Queen of Versailles/Violet Crown

After the gym I bussed downtown to catch this film at the VC.  I was prepared to have a strong negative reaction to Jackie and David Siegel, people whose values are vomitacious (made up word).  But I didn't.  The filmmakers did a good job of presenting their subjects realistically and without ridicule.  It was the Phillipina servants I felt the most compassion for.  As always they have left their own children behind to raise the children of the wealthy, and love them as well.  I would recommend this film because it's unusual and the filmmaker could have easily presented these people as buffoons.  But they're not.  Just different. If only David Siegel hadn't stolen the Florida election for George W. Bush.   For that I don't forgive him.

1 comment: