Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Austin 2012

Last year one kid was in China and the other in D.C. Both of my kids have had long leashes and wings so I was used to it and Abe does the best he can:  the ballet, dinner and flowers.  This year was the very best.  Liz joined us at the Austin Ballet Romeo and Juliet and we both were teary eyed at the end with the demise of the young lovers.Steven Mills' choreography was beautiful, sensual and contemporary:  We all agreed the second half of the ballet was gorgeous.  It's always good to spend a day with Peter Bay who Abe and I see regularly at so many ASO events and the symphony was in fine form.  We then headed to COALS AND VINE for great brick oven pizzas and salad and sat outside.  The best is the written word of appreciation from Liz telling me how fortunate she is to have us living in the same city as she...a city she and I love so much.  My dream is to grow even older close to her in this great city.  And as she said "now if we can only get Josh to come."  And Josh, thank-you for my beautiful flowers.  We missed you today.

Happy Mother's Day to the mothers I know.  You all know how hard you've worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment