Sunday, May 27, 2012

LOVELY and GONZO

There's a new food trailer on South 1st parked in the yard of my favorite vintage store in Austin, LOVELY.  You can't miss GONZO, it's got a huge chicken on top of the trailer and LOVELY boasts a new light bulbed sign which reminds me of Austin's version of Broadway. Today was a neighborhood block party at the site: there was a great band playing reggae, delicious food from GONZO's (they even have a Rueben's sandwich on Jewish rye) and as always some great finds at LOVELY.  I snagged a vintage bucket seat with a wood frame, pinkish faux leather and studs.  And a dear friend of theirs, John helped me get it home!  What can I say?  Since moving to Austin the women at LOVELY have always been so real, so warm, so good to talk to and most important, intelligent business women.  They are an Austin highlight for me. 

1 comment:

  1. Thankyou for coming out and having a good time. It was a pleasure meeting you and I hope Gonzo can satisfy your inner foodie again! I also am going to look into the german bread you told me about :-)--Monique at Gonzo Juice

    ReplyDelete