Friday, April 12, 2013

John E. Dee and Chicken Marsala

My favorite KUTX program is Friday night with John E. Dee.  The music is back in the day soul and I know the sounds and I cook and drink wine having myself a hell of a good time.  So when the first born son asks "chicken marsala tonight?"  I am on it.  He's been traveling around the country pitching transportation sharing throughout the midwest and coastlines as well..so meeting his request is a no brainer for this Jewish mother.  So here's the recipe.  It comes from a really old edition of "The Not Quite Vegetarian Cookbook."  It is vintage!
 4 boneless chicken breasts
2 green or red bell peppers sliced
1/2 lb fresh mushrooms (I omit)
3 garlic cloves pressed
1 lemon
1 Tbsp parsley
1/4 tsp basil
1/2 cup tamari
3/4 cup marsala wine
1/2 cup flour
oil
Cut chicken into small pieces. Squeeze lemon over chicken. Shake flour mixture over chicken.  Brown on both sides.  Remove. Add garlic, onion,peppers,mushrooms, parsley and basil.  Saute 5 mins.  Add chicken, tamari, and wine.  Simmer 20 minutes.  I serve with whole wheat pasta except when first born son is here.  He gets white linguine.  Bon appetit!

1 comment:

  1. I am printing it and making it. It sounds wonderful. I love the expression, "first born son."

    Pam

    ReplyDelete