Sunday, April 7, 2013

Angelique Kidjo at the 2013 Wobeon Fest

A perfect evening to head down to this world music concert at Mexican American Cultural Center to see Angelique Kidjo, a Brooklyn neighbor and gym mate whom I haven't seen in 4 years.  Angelique as always was filled with energy, great African dance moves and oh that voice.  Everyone in the audience was upright and dancing and she had a crowd of twenty up on the stage dancing with her.  A real group of quintessential diverse Austinites.  I was over the moon thrilled when she pointed to me from the stage with recognition and when I reminded her "Brooklyn was in the house" she asked "why'd you leave me girl?"  This started off the audience calling out where they came from and Angelique responding with native languages and her global wisdom.  Oh what a night!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds just wonderful, Addie. I am so glad she recognized how great you are and remembered you, too.


    Pam

    ReplyDelete