Thursday, January 17, 2013

Studying with Laurel Vouvray

My 3rd class with Laurel Vouvray in the Meisner technique.  A native New Yorker with great  intelligence, emotional wisdom and a master teacher.  A woman who acknowledges and respects my experience as a social worker (she calls it therapist), my roots, my motherhood and my values.  I am so fortunate to have found this woman to teach me in Austin.  There is no turning back now.  No fluff here.  This is the very real thing.

I am delighted (!!!) that I have been cast in an original play (THE ONLY LIVING BOY IN NEW YORK) written by Haley Elizabeth Anderson which will be presented at The COHEN NEW WORKS FESTIVAL in March.  I have the role of Kara, a flawed therapist in this Brooklyn set play.

And today I am filled with gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment