Sunday, April 1, 2012

SALMON FISHING IN THE YEMEN @ALAMO Slaughter Lane

This film is sweet and romantic, the acting is wonderful.  Abe LIKED it, I liked it.  Of course for me it raised all kinds of political questions regarding a country experiencing intense upheaval from the masses and a rich sheik (albeit visionary) wanting to invest in a dream.  What can I say?  I'm a social worker and always question, question, question.

More to the point is the new Alamo theater.  Yeah, it's nice and spacious, but Damn it's so suburban.  In a sprawling parking lot.  I'm a city girl and give me my Alamo S. Lamar and Ritz and the Violet Crown anyday.  I would never take my Brooklyn friends to this cineplex, it's like Sheepshead Bay!

1 comment:

  1. I like your review, Addie. I would probably question, too.

    More to the point, I love the Sheepshead Bay reference, which helps me to understand the theater so completely!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete