Tuesday, April 17, 2012

BEES/ What would NEVER Happen in Brooklyn Part II

When we first moved here in 2009 and bought our very first home we knew we had bees on our terrace in a small space between terrace and roof.  I call it a crawlspace.  So this wonderful bee guy came from ABC and removed 5 hives.  Abe took photos on his phone and we NEVER use our phone for pictures.  But this was special.  We're from Brooklyn  and don't forget we don't know from hives...only cockroaches.  (We call them "cockeroaches").  Today when I came up to this 3rd floor terrace room I heard the pitter patter of something in that crawl space.  So first I called Abe, then I stood on a chair, prayed I wouldn't be swarmed, and then sprayed RAID.   When bees came out I called ABC.  And tomorrow the Bee Inspector comes out and free of charge checks out if the scouts are just scouting or the Queen is about to find a new home.  This is a free service.  I repeat a FREE service.  This would NEVER happen in Brooklyn.  I just love my new hometown.  But you can keep your beehives.

No comments:

Post a Comment