Friday, July 15, 2011

Shame on Y'all

Last week my Body Pump teacher at Gold's Gym handed me a beautiful birth announcement as I left class a few minutes before everyone left.  I exclaimed my happiness for her, kissed the beautiful baby girl and brought it home to show Abe and Liz.  The teacher is a beauty and she is so fit in light of the fact that she's had 3 babies in 3 years.  She has a good life and I'm happy for her.  Today someone in class told me I'd made a mistake.  I wasn't meant to take the announcement.  She had only brought one.  And when she was asked about it she said "Addie wasn't meant to take it from me...what can you expect from New Yorkers." 

This is what you can expect from this New Yorker.  I called her on the phone...told her my error in thinking the announcement was to be taken and how her comment into her microphone made me feel.  She was mortified, denied the comment and was so apologetic. She is getting back the announcement which I  retrieved..  She's been put on notice.  Don't mess with this New Yorker.  Shame on her!

1 comment:

  1. Shame on her is right. Does she know how the New Yorker in her class is so effusive about Texas and Texans?

    The teacher needs to learn manners from the gal from the Bronx. Y'al-Addie is mad wonderful.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete