Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Live From New York

What a whirlwind it's been in PS.  Last night dinner with Rev Sundaram, my hematologist buddy of 20+ years,  a chance to go back into our 12th St loft when the new owner walked down 12th St just as I walked up.  I walked back into a renovated loft space:still brick walls, 2 windows 20' up; high ceiling and all new high end and high tech appliances.  I was reminded of the life we left behind and reminded of the sprawling space and garden I'll return to with Abe and Liz.

Today I visited 94y.o. Ruth Moskowitz, Abe's Mom.  What a hoot!  For 20 minutes she asked me where I bought my beautiful dress from (of course Lovely) and if I was happy in Texas. We visited her lovely caretaker Lucie on the 7th floor, watched airplanes taking off from LaGuardia from the windows, ate her  lunch with everything dunked in ice cream and I cried when we said good bye.  After all these years I'm still so happy to make her happy. 

Lenny from college took me out to lunch in Queens, I shopped at 34th St Macy's with coupons of course and Pammy and I had a delicious dinner at Il Forno's in PS.  I am so fortunate to have these connections.

I start my day at the Y gym on 9th St and coffee at Naidre's.  The city is overwhelmingly crowded, little eye contact between strangers, no courtesy talk like Austin.  A different world y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment