Thursday, December 6, 2012

ROSS Dept Store and a Snooty Shopper

New Yorkers can be very very snooty about shopping.  Even those of us who shop in NYC at Century 21, H&M, and Macy's with coupons.  We just have this POV that our shopping sites have superior choices.  Maybe that's true for some parts of the country but not Austin.  You just have to refigure your brain about what a department store looks like, and also lunge into the creativity of Austin's scene for style.  Liz taught me to refrain from buying anything that's reproduced on the rack 20 times.  Sometimes I even follow her suggestion.  Yesterday was my second trip to ROSS and I must say it was amazingly successful.  Abe and I like clothes (an unusual quality for two social workers I've always believed ) and yesterday I was so happy to be able to find jackets for him, dresses for me for unbelievably reduced prices.  Won't be so obnoxious to mention labels but they're goooood!  I love telling my friends back in Brooklyn about my finds. They are truly envious and happy at the same time.  They've found a new shopping destination!

1 comment: