Friday, December 21, 2012

LIFE OF PI/Thank-You Ang Lee

Ang Lee, a masterful filmmaker, has created a film which embodies the power of  film.  A film that lifted me from a week of grief and bereavement I have felt since the shootings of children in Connecticut. A film that reminded me of the power of art to demonstrate the human capacity and potential to survive enormous loss.  A film that proved a non-actor could reach into his being to bring us a performance like Suraj Sharma did.  A film that reminded me once again of  the incredible story telling talents of Irrfan Khan.  And all of the technology that went into keeping me captivated by beauty, natural and otherwise was, on this occasion, so appreciated.  A reprieve from madness that surrounds us is, for me, the power of film.  Always always I found myself in a theater since I was a little girl in the Bronx to help me face the demons of this world.  Thank-you Ang Lee for this exquisite film.

1 comment:

  1. I read the book, which I could not imagine being transformed into a film, but your writing has made me want to see it. I so love what you said about facing the demons; that is film for me, too.

    And I will-next year!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete