Saturday, March 15, 2014

SXSW 2014 It's a Wrap

We ended this year's film festival with an Australian film THE MULE.  Based on a true story it's about a man with high ethical standards regarding friendship who gets manipulated into swallowing a shitload of balloons containing heroin.  He's detained by Immigration in Australia, refuses medical treatment in a hospital and spends ten days in a hotel room while mean and sadistic cops try to get him to empty his bowels.  There's humor, violence, gross footage of his attempts to hold on and some very authentic acting.  Everyone I spoke to enjoyed this film.

So this festival does for me what it does every year.  I see some good films, some bad films, talk to intelligent and not so intelligent people.  Am reminded how much I enjoy UT RTF students and their keen minds and am once again reminded of the community of film lovers, actors, and filmmakers that I have found in Austin!

No comments:

Post a Comment