Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sometimes You Have To Make Your Own Community

It's no secret that Abe and I will never ever ever be Texans. So I try very hard to find those experiences and people that validate what I value, what I stand for, what's worth paying attention to and fighting for.  So much about Texas legislation is so oppositional to what we believe in.  So EVERY opportunity I have to share my voice and speak out about what I believe in as a tax paying citizen of Texas finds me showing up!  And I am always so pleased to find myself surrounded by Texans who share my value system, are well educated and heartfelt about the rights of women to have access to their constitutional right to reproductive healthcare.  Today's turnout at The Capitol was fabulous.  Hundreds and hundreds of men and women showed up  to let the Legislators know we were there and cared very much about their discussion of bills that would close down all but 5 abortion clinics.  Keeping reproductive healthcare out of the Legislators hands is crucial to the well being of all Texans, men and women alike.  I'll keep fighting the fight.  This is how I find my community.

1 comment:

  1. Austin seems like it's own little community!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete