Sunday, February 24, 2013

BREAKING SALSA TEXAS 2013

Last night we headed to Emo's on the East Side for a salsa dance competition and B Boy City breakers demonstrating their moves.  What a fun event!!  Also a fashion show of hot looking clothes and the highest of heels this writer would never ever be able to wear. Beautiful clothing from Etc. down on 2nd Street. Dancers came from as far as Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and a judge hailed from the Bronx!!  And he could DANCE!  The event was so well organized by Mely and Romeo Navarro (and others) and her husband gave her so much credit throughout.  I loved noting the competing dancing women wore sneakers!! Dancers on the floor were beautiful to watch and you could see the amount of practice spent learning their moves.  Gorgeous!!  People were friendly and loved to talk about their love of dance.  One young man, Minh, has been practicing bachata (a dance from the Dominican Republic) seriously and we could not stop watching him  with numerous partners.  He loved telling us about his journey into the world of dance.  What passion!  The highlight of my evening was Abe asking the Bronx born judge to dance with me, a Bronx born Austinite.   Bless his heart, he did!  So if your husband isn't a dancer make sure he has a heart of gold! 

5 comments:

  1. Hi there! I think I was standing right next to you during the shows, thanks for posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Addie,
    Wow thank you so much for this and thank you so much for supporting this event ! BBoy City, Texas Salsa Congress and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Many Blessings to you.
    Mely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only do I love your entry, but I love the two responses. It sounds just terrific!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the review!
    BBOY CITY & Texas Salsa Congress thank you so much for the love! Edwin Rivera was the judge from the Bronx and I know him well enough to know that he loves to dance with everyone at events! Thank you again for writing about the event!! Ruby Texas Salsa Congress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Addie, thank you for the compliment. I'm glad I was able to express my passion not only with my partner but with spectators as well. It was a great pleasure to have met you and your husband. Thanks again you made my day!

    ReplyDelete